To strive for the purity of water, the clarity of air, and the wise stewardship of the land and its resources; to know
the beauty and understanding of nature and the value of wildlife, woodlands and open space; to the preservation
of this heritage and to man’s sharing in it, I pledge myself as a member of the Izaak Walton League of America
The temperatures are getting cooler and the trees are changing color, what a perfect time to enjoy the Ike’s grounds and
go for a walk on our trails. Also, for those who are hunters; don’t forget about our shooting and archery ranges. This is the
perfect time of the year to dial in your firearms and bows for the upcoming seasons. Good luck to all those hitting the
stands, fields, blinds and marshes chasing wild game, stay safe and enjoy your time out in nature!
The gun ranges close at 7 pm or dusk, whatever comes first. We have received reports of people shooting after dark.
ANOTHER BIT OF NEWS
• On September 8th we held our Annual Members Appreciation Potluck. We had great turnout and some delicious
food was shared by all. The night ended with an awesome program by Board member Gary Brandenburg who
shared his latest adventure to Africa where he did an Archery Planes Game Bow Hunt with the group. Garry
showed pictures and told stories about his experience.
• On October 3rd the Ike’s held a Sporting Clay Birds shoot, we had over 40 participants with 38 being paying
shooters. A huge Thank You! goes out to all that made the event possible including those who helped set up,
running the stations and collecting money.
• The Ike’s Board is considering having a craft show/open house and would like to know whether members are
interested in displaying crafts and /or participating. If you are interested in such event, please call or text Jon
Núñez at (641) 751-8706.
PLEASE WELCOME NEW MEMBERS
• Tace Clarke sponsored by Bob Backes
• Thomas Wiederseim sponsored by Bob Backes
• Don Snider sponsored by Ed Moore
• Jed Knutson sponsored by Ed Moore
• David Cobb sponsored by Ed Moore
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
• Board meeting at the Ike’s Clubhouse 6:00pm
Published monthly Marshalltown, IA 50158
Edition 487 October, 2021